Monday, March 20

Superb Fairy Wren in Watercolours

New Release Sneak Peek
Today I've used one of the images from the Superb Fairy Wren set to create a watercolour picture for my wall. I've posted some pictures below showing the different stages of the painting, starting with the digital image printed out in a very light grey colour - called "washout" in MS Word. The yellow pigment on the bird in the first two images is masking fluid, which keeps the paint off that area of the picture until you're ready to add colour.





Superb Fairy Wren
Digital Stamp Set
Due for release on the 1st of April

9 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Beccy, WOW! love the little fairy wren, I have only ever seen the female ones around here, a group of them leaping through a ti-tree. Looking forward to seeing the release... have a wonderful week... Megan

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Beccy you're going to win a lot of hearts with this one.. I'll have to put it on my wish list ❤❤❤
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

ike said...

Eeeee !! AWESOME ! That is so amazing :-) xx

Teresa said...

Love it!

Olga Fink said...

This is fantastic Beccy!
Xoxo Olga

terrie said...

I love the step by step that you posted....well done and tfs

Gina said...

WOW! XXX

Fikreta said...

very nice!

Donna Ellis said...

I love seeing the artist in you come out in the most magical of ways, Beccy! BEAUTIFULLY done, and such a delicate, sweet, GORGEOUS creation! hugs, de